Spanish Style Chicken Tray Bake
This vibrant chicken meal is quick to pull together and looks fantastic on the table. Serve with a crisp green salad.
6 Bird & Barrow Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
Generous pinch chilli flakes (optional)
Cracked black pepper
600g new potatoes
1 red capsicum
1 red onion, cut into wedges
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup pitted olives (use black, green or kalamata)
Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Halve the larger potatoes. The smaller ones can be left whole. Place in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Place on the large oven tray you’ll be cooking the whole meal in. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season well. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the other vegetables except olives to the tray. Add additional oil and salt and toss well.
- Mix together the olive oil, paprika, cinnamon, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and mix until well coated. Put the chicken thigh fillets on top of the vegetables, tucking the ends underneath.
- Place thyme sprigs over the top, pop in the oven and roast for 40 minutes until the chicken is golden and the vegetables are tender. Scatter the olives on top.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley on top and lemon wedges on the side if desired.