Chicken Breast & Vermicelli Lettuce Cups
2 Bird & Barrow Chicken Breasts
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp siracha
1 clove garlic, finely diced
100g rice vermicelli
1 large red chilli, deseeded and diced
2 large cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
100g green beans, trimmed and halved
1 red capsicum, cut into very thin slices
1 carrot, peeled and grated
½ cup frozen peas
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 tsp sesame oil
Olive oil or coconut oil for sautéing
To serve: Fresh iceberg lettuce leaves (allow for 3 per person)
- Cut the chicken into strips or bite sized pieces. Whisk together the marinade ingredients, pour over the chicken and place in the fridge for 20-60 minutes.
- Drain the marinade completely.
- Heat a generous glug of olive oil in a sauté pan over a medium high heat. Cook the chicken in two batches until browned and cooked through. Take care not to overcook it.
- Cover the vermicelli in boiling water. Drain after 2 minutes and run under cold water. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook without browning for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables along with the soy sauce and fish sauce. Cook for a further couple of minutes. Add the noodles and cook until heated through. Taste and add additional soy sauce if desired. Remove from the heat. Add the sesame oil and coriander.
- Serve immediately in lettuce cups. You can fill these before serving or place the noodles in the centre of the table and let people fill their own.