BBQ Chicken Tacos
500g Bird & Barrow Free Range Chicken Breasts
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp Siracha or other hot sauce
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp greek yoghurt
8–10 soft corn tortillas
1 avocado, stone removed and sliced
Handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
¼ red onion, finely diced
1 radish, sliced thinly
Cabbage, thinly shredded
½ cup good quality mayonnaise
Siracha to taste
To serve: Warmed corn tortilla, spicy salsa
- Mix together the dry spices, Siracha and olive oil. Cut the chicken into 1.5 cm slices. Pour the spice mix over the chicken and then stir through the yoghurt until well coated.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for at least and hour and up to overnight.
- Cook the chicken pieces on a hot bbq until browned and cooked through.
- Heat tortillas on the bbq.
- Mix together the siracha mayo to desired level of spice.
- Spread a good dollop of mayo on each tortilla. Scatter some shredded cabbage on each. Place some of the bbq chicken on top and then finish with avocado, radish, cherry tomatoes, red onion and coriander. Serve immediately.