BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Mustard Mayo
450–500g Bird & Barrow Free Range Chicken Thighs
Good quality tangy BBQ sauce, plus extra for basting
¼ cup olive oil
¾ cup good quality mayonnaise
1 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
Small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, finely diced
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
To serve: Brioche buns (lightly toasted), lettuce leaves or greens, sliced pickles
- Place the chicken in bowl. Pour over the bbq sauce and olive oil. Mix well until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- Cook the chicken on a hot bbq until browned and cooked through. Baste with some extra bbq sauce once during the cooking process.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and garlic. Taste and season as desired.
- Butter the brioche buns. Spread one side with the mustard mayo and top the other side with lettuce. Place the chicken on top and finish with a few pickle slices.